June 11, 2010

Today's Daily Joke

The Long Black Hearse:

A woman was leaving a 7-11 store with her morning coffee when she noticed a most unusual funeral procession approaching the nearby cemetery.
A long black hearse was followed by a second long black hearse about 50 feet behind.
Behind the second hearse was a solitary Woman walking a pit bull (an aggressive type of dog) on a leash.
Behind her were 200 Women walking single file.

The Woman couldn't stand the curiosity.
She respectfully approached the woman walking the dog and said, "I am so sorry for your loss, and I know now is a bad time to disturb you, but I've never seen a funeral like this. Whose funeral is it?"

The Woman replied, "Well that first hearse is for my husband."

"What happened to him?"

The Woman replied, "My dog attacked and killed him."

She inquired further, "Well, who is in the second hearse?"

The Woman answered, "My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my husband when the dog turned on her."

A poignant and thoughtful moment of silence passes between the two women.

"Can I borrow the dog?"

"Get in line."

No comments: